Advantage Learning Center is Dr. Lisa Moore. Dr. Moore received a B.A. magna cum laude in political science and an M.A. in Italian Studies from Smith College. She received her Ph.D. in International Relations from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Moore has 15 years teaching experience at area colleges and universities, including the University of Pennsylvania, Arcadia University and Ursinus College. She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and is fluent in Italian language and culture.
Dr. Moore’s experience gives her a unique perspective on high school and college learning. She understands what makes a student more attractive to colleges, and, more importantly, what students can expect from their professors when they get to college.
Dr. Moore has worked for 12 years with middle school, high school, and college students throughout the Delaware Valley region to maximize their learning potential.
More About Dr. Moore
Dr. Moore has also provided academic preparation services for area schools and businesses, and worked with adult students and businesspersons to maximize their skills.
- Proctored specialized nursing exams
- Volunteered at an adult literacy center
- Prepared businesspersons for a visit from their Italian partner
- Prepped an Italian researcher for a meeting with a vice president of a major area drug company
- Worked with parents and executive relocation experts to help students adjust to a new school district
- Taught an SAT class in the Norristown School District After School program
- Taught computer and Internet skills to older Americans